|"A writer should have the precision of a
poet and the imagination of a scientist."
The course is designed as an introduction to reading and writing biological research articles. In addition, students will be exposed to the oral presentation of biological research, as well as poster presentations.
- To know where the biological journals are housed in Hendrix College’s Bailey Library
- To gain skills in searching databases (BIOSIS Previews, MedLine, etc.) for biological research articles
- To learn the sections of a biological research article and the types of material included in each section
- To gain skills in critically reading biological research and review articles
- To develop and hone skills in writing biological research articles
- To be exposed to some of the other ways in which biologists communicate with other scientists about their research
Biology Writing Center
- Table in the West (Fountain) End Stairwell on the Second Floor of DW Reynolds
- Sundays and Tuesdays - 7 to 9 pm!
Course Web Resources
Return to home page